CRISPY SHITAKE RECIPE23 Nov 2020, Posted by FYS Recipes in
Are Mushrooms Magic?!
Well it depends how you define magic! Mushrooms are packed full of beta-glucans, which not only support the immune system but also support greater diversity in the microbiome. The loss of diversity in the gut bacteria is thought to be linked to loss of cognitive function in aging.
A large symposium of scientists and researchers on aging and the brain agreed that maintaining microbial diversity as we age is a sensible target for maintaining good brain function. Which is where food and lifestyle can play such a key role in future proofing our brains and is how the ‘humble’ mushroom works its magic.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20-25 minutes|
- 100 grams Shitake Mushrooms
- 1.5 tbls olive oil
- 0.5 tsp Smoke Paprika
- 1 clove garlic Diced or mix up fermented garlic in to the oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg Celsius
- Slice mushrooms and spread out on a baking tray
- Cover with oil, paprika, garlic and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.