Breakfast Jar09 Sep 2020, Posted by FYS Recipes in
An easy and delicious breakfast that will set your blood sugar for the day and help your brain to stay sharp
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- 1 cup Oats Replace with another flaked grain such as rice, millet, buckwheat or quinoa for a gluten free option
- 60 ml milk or milk alternative Organic cows milk or alternative to milk
- 100 grams Greek Yogurt or Skyr These has a higher protein content than other yogurts
- 50 grams Chia seeds Or linseeds
- 60 grams Berries Frozen or fresh
- Mix everything together. You can prepare it the night before using the frozen berries, keep it in the fridge overnight and the berries will be defrosted in the morning.
- If I am leaving the house early in the morning before I want to eat breakfast, I will prepare this in a plastic bowl with a lid and I have a perfect breakfast to eat on the go or later in the morning after I´ve ridden my horse for example! It will contain approx. 15g protein (at 1 cup oats and 100g Greek yogurt). If you need to increase protein content you can mix in some whey protein.
Share this Recipe
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.